Saturday, March 9, 2013

CPS - 3

Hey there friends, I hope everyone is having a great Saturday.  : )

Today I got to take part in a very important and very unique Cancer Research Study.  It is called the CPS - 3.  It is a cancer prevention study by the American Cancer Society in which their goal is to one day be able to detect cancer with a simple blood test.  



What was required of me?  An online survey that I filled out this week, and about twenty minutes of my time this morning.  They had me fill out a questionnaire and they took a blood sample.  I was just amazed at how easy it was!  



Who can participate?  If you are between the ages of 30 to 60, and have never been diagnosed with cancer, then you can be part of the study.  If you want to check out their website, you can CLICK HERE.

As a follow up, I will need to complete a survey that they will mail to me every two or three years.  This will be on-going for about the next twenty years.  



A few questionnaires to fill out, and a small blood sample.  If that is all it takes to help save lives....sign me up!  

   
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment