Friday, March 22, 2013

Book Review: I Still Believe

Hey y'all!  This is a book that I read a few weeks ago, and I just wanted to do a quick review to share...

I Still Believe
Jeremy Camp with David Thomas
212 pages
2013

I listen to Contemporary Christian music pretty often, but until I read this book, I had no idea that Jeremy Camp had lost his wife to cancer.  

The book just sort of jumped out at me when I was walking around the Lifeway book store.  Who could say no to those baby-blue eyes?


Jeremy takes you on his roller-coaster of emotions as he works hard for his dream of becoming a musician, along with following his heart to find his true love.  As I was reading the first part of the book, when he was foregoing his passion for football and practicing playing the guitar instead,  I just kept thinking he would get his "big-break."  It was funny that it didn't really work out that way.  It seemed to be more of an extremely slow process of hard work, sacrifice, and determination.

His hope of finding love also comes to fruition, but only for a short time. Even when he and Melissa got married, they both knew that she was very sick.  One of the Bible verses that they kept leaning on was, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29:13.  

Even though he endured so much pain, the legacy that Melissa left him helped Jeremy to keep going and to pen some of the most heart-felt and uplifting lyrics that you could ever come across.

Reading this book was not an easy journey, but certainly one that was worth my time.  I believe that even non-Christians can find some little nuggets of hope and comfort as they turn these pages.  Please let me know if you are able to check it out!  : )   



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment