Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Change of pace...

Do you ever feel like you're just stuck in a day-to-day routine?  I feel that way sometimes.  However, this week really threw me for a loop!   I was on my way to drop my baby off at daycare on Monday morning, when he started getting really sick to his stomach.  As you can imagine, our normal day-to-day routine quickly got changed. 

The next two days involved a doctor's appointment, lots of carpet cleaner, and countless loads of laundry.  When this morning rolled around, I was very thankful that my husband was willing to stay home from work with the baby (he was feeling a lot better, so I didn't feel too guilty).    



I'm usually not a morning person, and I try to keep things as dark and quiet as possible while I'm getting ready in the morning.  But this morning, I acutally took the time to stop and enjoy the unique sounds of coffee brewing, and a little pitter patter of feet across the kitchen floor. 

All this really got me thinking about how our plans in life can change so abruptly.  Sometimes the changes are good, such as a new job, a new relationship, or an unexpected weekend getaway.  But other times, a sickness, a family fight, or even the loss of a loved one, can really make an ordinary day become extremely difficult. 

So, whatever you are going through this week, whether it be a good change or a not so good change, please be encouraged and know that you are not alone. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment