Thursday, April 11, 2013

Southern Comfort Food

Welcome to the first installment of Southern Comfort Food.  There are times when I'm not having such a good day, and it always cheers me up to suddenly remember that I have a bunch of Skittles stashed away in my desk drawer.  So, you can imagine how much it cheers my little heart to sit down to a nice hot, home-cooked meal after a long day!

One of my favorite meals when I was growing up was Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas.  Whenever it was my birthday or my brother's birthday, we would always ask mom to make it.  Of course the peas all ended up inside the mashed potatoes (how else are you going to get them on the fork?), and I always put ketchup on the meatloaf.  My friends call me the "Ketchup Kid," but that is a blog post for another day.  ; )



Another favorite of mine is homemade Chicken and Dumplings.  I always cheat and just pinch off pieces of canned biscuits, but they still turn out really good. 


Is your mouth watering as much as mine is now?  He, he...I'm so bad!  Hope y'all enjoyed these.  You can click on the links below the pictures to get some great recipe ideas.  Talk to y'all soon!

 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I need a drool bucket!! LOL! They look so tasty! I never had chicken and dumplings. do you have a recipe you can share with us? and I got to try that, the ketchup on meatloaf. I never did that.

    ReplyDelete