Thursday, April 4, 2013

Simple Quiche and Plastic Bag Asparagus

Well, if a title like that doesn't get your attention, I don't know what will.  He, he  ; )

It's a cold, rainy (how can it possibly be spring?) night in Georgia.  I thought it would be nice to cook something in the oven tonight.  Anytime I can heat up the house and my belly at the same time, then that is a good thing. 

For the quiche, I used a ready made pie crust which I baked in the oven alone for about five minutes while I browned some turkey burger.  Then, in a large bowl I combined 6 eggs, chopped chives, the cooked turkey burger, and an entire packet of shredded cheddar cheese.  You can use whatever type of cheese is your favorite.  So, the ingredients were:

Pie Crust
6 eggs
Turkey Burger
Chopped Chives
Cheddar Cheese

Then, I put the ingredients from the bowl into the pie crust and baked it on 375 for about 25 minutes. 



For the Plastic Bag Asparagus, I just used a regular grocery store plastic bag (with no holes), and added the asparagus, a generous amount of olive oil, and salt.  I shook it up and then put the asparagus in a glass dish and baked on 375 for about 15 or 20 minutes.


As always, let me know what you think.  I love getting comments!

Also, I'm going to be starting up a series called Southern Comfort Food. So, let me know if you have any suggestions for it.  Y'all take care, and I hope to hear from you soon!   
  
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks so delicious! you made my mouth water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't cook but my parents do the cooking in the family. one thing I would like to eat is asparagus but my parents and I don't know how to boil or grill them. do we boil them and if so, for how long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually just put them in a glass dish and put them in the oven. You can also put some butter or olive oil on top. I've also seen people put cheese on top. You can bake them on 375 for about 15 minutes. Good luck! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll give it a try. :)

      Delete